Saturday, December 12, 2009

Before the blog... (and the digital camera)

Today my friend/client Whitney sent me a message saying she was stressing because she couldn't find her wedding photos and then she thought to ask me...

A little over 4 years ago Whitney & Jeb hired me to shoot their wedding. It was the first wedding I had ever shot and it would turn out to be a defining moment in my life. So, when Whitney contacted me today I was so happy to ease her mind and be able to say, "don't worry, I have all of your wedding photos".  I have spent the last couple of hours going through Whitney & Jeb's perfect day and reliving that nervous and exciting day for myself. It was 4 years ago, but I remember exactly the way I was feeling... photographing Whitney as she got her make up done thinking this must be the best job on earth, nervously switching rolls of film as Whitney and her dad were about to walk down the aisle, and doing my best to capture each moment of the day. Now after having the opportunity to do photos of Whitney numerous times, shoot maternity photos for Jeb & Whitney, and then just a few weeks ago take some family photos and few shots of their beautiful baby boy I am once again brought back to that wonderful feeling of, this must be the best job on earth. Being a part of peoples lives on their most special days is so amazing, and I am so lucky that this is what I do. I truly could not ask for more and I am so very thankful for all of the people who allow me to be a part of their lives.

So Whitney & Jeb, thank you so much for having me be a part of your special day which was always one of the most important days in my life, the day that I really decided this is what I want to do. :)

I wanted to share a couple of my favorites, from 4 years ago, shot on film...


You were and are still such a beautiful couple... thank you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers