Friday, June 11, 2010

A white wedding, in May...

A few weeks ago my husband and I made the 12 hour drive to Butte, MT to shoot Martin and Erika's wedding on May 22nd. We shot a wedding in Montana last August and I was so excited to get the chance to go back to this beautiful state again. The weeks prior I had been checking the weather forecast and didn't believe the "chance of snow" that was listed. We woke up to blue skies the morning of the wedding and that made me happy as we were hoping to take some shots outside at the church after the ceremony, but when we walked outside to head to the reception the roads were covered and it was coming down so hard it was hard to even see. Throughout the reception the snow continued to fall and by the next morning 8 inches of snow was on the ground as we headed back to Portland. But it was a beautiful wedding, with so many amazing details from the bride's stunning dress to the perfectly pink candy bar and the snow was just one more fun, beautiful detail to add to their day. It was also Martin's birthday and I loved all the birthday surprises Erika planned for her new hubby. They were so much fun and clearly so in love and I know they will have a very happy marriage together. Thanks so much Erika & Martin for having us shoot your wedding!!!

more to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers